Eligibility & Application
If you have recently been diagnosed as hard of hearing or are in need of a new set of hearing aids or other assistive devices, we can help. Our Foundation was created to financially assist those who are hard of hearing with the costly burden of getting hearing aids or other hearing assisting devices.
Our contribution can be used towards:
Check Your Eligibility
To qualify for assistance, all applicants must:
- Have resided in Southern Alberta for at least one year
- Not have received a grant from the Campbell McLaurin Foundation within the past five years (see exceptions under Award section)
- Fit within the income guidelines listed below
- Not have accessible (non-registered) savings greater than $25,000
- Apply for funding first from Alberta Aids to Daily Living (AADL)
- Complete the application form, and provide copies of all required Supporting Documents. Please use the check list at the end of the application form to ensure you have all of the required documents, prior to submitting your application.
- If you are Alberta Aids to Daily Living (AADL) Cost Share Exempt (CSE), you may be eligible for full financial assistance; or
- If you are not AADL CSE eligible and your taxable income does not exceed the following, you may be eligible for full financial assistance:
- $31,455.00 for a single person
- $49,860.00 for a family with no children
- $58,875.00 for a family with children; or
- If you are not AADL CSE eligible and your taxable income is between the following, you may be eligible for partial financial assistance:
- $31,455.01 – $41,940.00 for a single person
- $49,860.01 – $66,480.00 for a family with no children
- $58,875.01 – $78,500.00 for a family with children
- If your taxable income exceeds the above amounts, you are not be eligible for funding from The Campbell McLaurin Foundation.
- Financial Assistance is offered for mid-level hearing aids that do not cost more than $2,150 each
- Your Hearing Aid/Assistive Devices Supplier may be able to assist you in the completion of
applications to both CMF and AADL
- If you have any questions, or require assistance, please contact us.
- The maximum award from CMF is $950.00 per hearing aid for applicants eligible for Cost-Share Exemption from AADL, or $2,150.00 per hearing aid for those with no AADL Cost-Share Exemption funding who qualify within CMF funding guidelines
- The maximum CMF award for Alerting/Assistive Equipment is $1,000.00.
- Applicants are eligible for funding through CMF every 5 years unless there are exceptional circumstances. Supporting documentation must be provided. Exceptions will be assessed on a case- by-case basis.
- In most cases, approval takes 4 to 6 weeks. You will receive an award letter by mail. A copy of the award letter will be faxed to your supplier.
- Within 60 days of receiving your hearing aid(s) you must return to your audiologist to sign a Satisfaction Certificate indicating the aid(s) are working appropriately for you. A copy of this certificate is to be sent to CMF by your supplier along with the invoice for payment.
Apply for Financial Support
Please use the following form to apply for financial support. Note that there are no deadlines for applying, our process is on-going.
If you’re having trouble with the online application form, download a copy of it and send it to us using any of the methods on our Contact page.
Once you have submitted the application form in Step 2, there is a standard waiting period of 4-6 weeks to process your application. We review applications at the end of each month, and approval decisions are usually sent out in the first two weeks of the month following.